New Jersey News
Dog dies after hanging self trying to escape heat
ASBURY PARK, New Jersey (WABC) -- Two women face animal cruelty charges over a pit bull's heat-related death.
The dog was left outside without any water and took desperate measures to find relief.
The suspects allegedly chained the dogs in a corner of the backyard. No trees, just dirt and sun.
"The dogs to get cool would dig a hole, they put an umbrella up, it was just too hot. said Bruce Campbell.
The dog was then found hanging as he appeared to jump a fence to relieve himself from the sun.
Workers at a nearby business, tried to help.
"My driver was leaving and he called me to say it looked like one of the dogs had died as he hung himself on his chained up collar," said Gary Hotra.
The homeowner would not speak on camera after they came from court on animal cruelty charges.., and said the dogs belonged to a friend and that she let them keep the dogs there, but that it was their responsibility to care for them. Not hers.
And that was her excuse.
new jersey, new jersey news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 36 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry...
36 min ago