New Jersey News
Power restored after Bergen County outages
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- The lights are back on in most of Bergen County, after the power went out Friday afternoon on one of the hottest days of the year.
By Saturday morning, PSE & was reporting only a minimal amount of scattered outages.
To see the expressions on people's faces when the lights came back on was a wonderful thing.
They were thrilled to get out of this oppressive heat and they ran back into their homes and turned on the air conditioning.
Parts of New Milford were in the dark for hours.
PSE&G estimates between 10,000 and 11,000 of its customers were without power and most of them were in Bergen County.
Eyewitness News spoke to residents on Birchwood Road who were frustrated and angry and hot.
Several of them took out generators they purchased during Superstorm Sandy which were enough to keep the appliances going and some fans.
It was a frustrating day for people there.
With temperatures in the upper 90's, there wasn't much to do but sit and wait for the power to come back on.
new jersey, new jersey news
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park