New Jersey News
Power restored after Bergen County outages
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- The lights are back on in most of Bergen County, after the power went out Friday afternoon on one of the hottest days of the year.
By Saturday morning, PSE & was reporting only a minimal amount of scattered outages.
To see the expressions on people's faces when the lights came back on was a wonderful thing.
They were thrilled to get out of this oppressive heat and they ran back into their homes and turned on the air conditioning.
Parts of New Milford were in the dark for hours.
PSE&G estimates between 10,000 and 11,000 of its customers were without power and most of them were in Bergen County.
Eyewitness News spoke to residents on Birchwood Road who were frustrated and angry and hot.
Several of them took out generators they purchased during Superstorm Sandy which were enough to keep the appliances going and some fans.
It was a frustrating day for people there.
With temperatures in the upper 90's, there wasn't much to do but sit and wait for the power to come back on.
new jersey, new jersey news
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- NJ man dies in Long Island Sound canoe accident
- March Madness-style bracket rates high school girls
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Up Close with Diana Williams
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos