New Jersey News
Officer struck, injured by speeding SUV in Bergen County
WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, N.J. -- Authorities are searching for the driver of a sport utility vehicle that struck and injured a northern New Jersey police officer.
Washington Township Officer Heather Castronova was walking back to her squad car after issuing a summons when she was hit around 3:45 a.m. Saturday.
Authorities say she didn't have time to avoid the speeding, dark-colored SUV, which fled from the scene.
Castronova was treated at a hospital for injuries to her head and right arm and later released. She is expected to fully recover, but will likely be out of work indefinitely.
The police union in the Bergen County community is offering a $2,500 reward for information leading to the arrest of the SUV's driver.
new jersey, new jersey news
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos