New Jersey News
Man hurt in police-involved shooting in Hackensack
HACKENSACK -- Authorities say a man is in critical condition after he was wounded in a running gun battle with Hackensack police.
The Bergen County Prosecutor's Office says 22-year-old Robert Leonardis opened fire on a patrol car with a bullet going through the windshield, narrowly missing an officer, at the corner of Newman Street and Russell Place early Monday.
Officials say two officers returned fire and two other officers joined the foot pursuit.
All four officers fired, striking Leonardis numerous times. He was taken to Hackensack University medical Center.
Authorities say a .45-caliber handgun was recovered at the scene.
new jersey, hackensack, police shooting, new jersey news
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Workers remove rubble in East Harlem 23 min ago
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help 6 min ago
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens 20 min ago
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Authorities continue to clear debris from...
28 min ago
- Group running NYC half-marathon to inspire,...
53 min ago