New Jersey News
Man pleads guilty to killing West Orange bouncer
NEWARK, N.J. (WABC) -- A New Jersey man has pleaded guilty to fatally shooting a bouncer during a fight outside a West Orange bar in 2012.
Prosecutors say 25-year old Jose Garcia-Lendos, an undocumented Honduran living in Orange, entered a plea to aggravated manslaughter charges in the killing of 32-year old Jacques Nelson, also of Orange.
A father of four, Nelson was killed trying to stop a fight between bar patrons outside Misty's Restaurant and Bar on Main Street on August 6, 2012.
Nelson worked a second job on weekends at the bar for just eight months prior to the deadly encounter.
A week after the killing, Garcia-Lendo was arrested in Texas as he tried to cross the border into Mexico.
In court, Garcia- Lendos admitted shooting Nelson while he was trying to kill another man.
He faces 24 years in prison when he is sentenced on Sept. 17.
new jersey, murder, west orange, new jersey news
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out 56 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face 13 min ago
- Russians, Crimeans discuss referendum on joining Russia
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game'...
56 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos