New Jersey News
Man pleads guilty to killing West Orange bouncer
NEWARK, N.J. (WABC) -- A New Jersey man has pleaded guilty to fatally shooting a bouncer during a fight outside a West Orange bar in 2012.
Prosecutors say 25-year old Jose Garcia-Lendos, an undocumented Honduran living in Orange, entered a plea to aggravated manslaughter charges in the killing of 32-year old Jacques Nelson, also of Orange.
A father of four, Nelson was killed trying to stop a fight between bar patrons outside Misty's Restaurant and Bar on Main Street on August 6, 2012.
Nelson worked a second job on weekends at the bar for just eight months prior to the deadly encounter.
A week after the killing, Garcia-Lendo was arrested in Texas as he tried to cross the border into Mexico.
In court, Garcia- Lendos admitted shooting Nelson while he was trying to kill another man.
He faces 24 years in prison when he is sentenced on Sept. 17.
new jersey, murder, west orange, new jersey news
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg
- Bratton to join Sharpton at rally in Harlem 10 min ago
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela 32 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
32 min ago