New Jersey News
Shuttle America flight experiences brake problem
NEWARK, N.J. (WABC) -- There was another landing problem at an area airport, this one in Newark.
A Shuttle America flight, a division of United Airlines, reportedly had problems with its brakes as it approached the airport.
Flight 3531 from Minneapolis landed safely at 7:40 p.m. on Tuesday.
The plane was towed to the gate where passengers all disembarked safely.
The FAA did not reveal the exact issue with the brakes.
Shuttle America released a statement saying: "In response to an instrument indication of a possible mechanical issue, the flight crew of Shuttle America flight 3531, operating from Minneapolis-St. Paul to Newark, New Jersey, declared an emergency and landed without incident in Newark. 70 passengers and four crew members deplaned at the gate. Shuttle America flight 3531 was operating in service to United Express."
new jersey, newark liberty international airport, new jersey news
- Newark bus crash leaves 9 hurt, 1 critically
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead 57 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach 7 min ago
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC 9 min ago
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved...
7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
57 min ago
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat...
9 min ago