New Jersey News
Monmouth County SPCA overcrowded with pets
EATONTOWN, N.J. (WABC) -- There's a crisis situation at an animal shelter in New Jersey.
The facility is overflowing with potential pets.
The Monmouth County SPCA in Eatontown says its overcrowding situation is near the breaking point.
Officials say for every animal that gets adopted, roughly three more come into the shelter.
The shelter is currently housing more than 500 animals.
The situation was compounded by Superstorm Sandy.
The shelter is now waiving its fees to promote more adoptions.
For information on how to adopt an animal please visit: www.monmouthcountyspca.org
Monmouth County SPCA
260 Wall Street
Eatontown, NJ 07724
new jersey, new jersey news
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos