New Jersey News
New Jersey man arrested after missing girl found
NEWARK, N.J. -- The FBI says a man has been arrested in New Jersey after a 13-year-old girl from Rhode Island was reported missing, then found alive.
FBI spokesman Greg Comcowich says the man's name is not being released until he appears in court because the case involves a juvenile.
Comcowich would not say in what town the man was arrested.
He says the arrest was made in coordination with state and local police from New Jersey and Rhode Island.
Authorities issued an Amber Alert for the Portsmouth girl after she was reported missing by her mother Wednesday morning.
Police say a witness saw someone matching the girl's description leave home with a man.
new jersey, missing children, missing person, amber alert, new jersey news
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold 30 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
30 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos