New Jersey News
New Jersey man arrested after missing girl found
NEWARK, N.J. -- The FBI says a man has been arrested in New Jersey after a 13-year-old girl from Rhode Island was reported missing, then found alive.
FBI spokesman Greg Comcowich says the man's name is not being released until he appears in court because the case involves a juvenile.
Comcowich would not say in what town the man was arrested.
He says the arrest was made in coordination with state and local police from New Jersey and Rhode Island.
Authorities issued an Amber Alert for the Portsmouth girl after she was reported missing by her mother Wednesday morning.
Police say a witness saw someone matching the girl's description leave home with a man.
new jersey, missing children, missing person, amber alert, new jersey news
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies 16 min ago
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall