New Jersey News
New Jersey shore town nixes 'Snooki & JWoww' taping
BERKELEY TOWNSHIP -- A New Jersey town trying to rebuild from Superstorm Sandy is pulling the plug on taping of the MTV show "Snooki & JWoww."
Berkeley Township officials say taping the "Jersey Shore" spinoff is a commercial enterprise, which would violate zoning ordinances. The town has notified the property's owner that the home is in an area zoned for residential use.
Residents in the Pelican Island neighborhood hired a lawyer after learning about the taping in the rented home. They fear it would disrupt efforts to get their lives back to normal as they try to restore their homes damaged by Sandy.
Attorney Ron Gasiorowski tells the Asbury Park Press (http://on.app.com/15PN7d9 ) there are other areas in the town where the activity could take place.
Some other towns have adopted ordinances to block taping.
new jersey, new jersey news
- Winter Weather Advisory 1 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Multiple people injured in Toms River bus accident 13 min ago
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa
- Tough new NYC cockroaches can withstand winter cold
- No tailgating to be allowed at NY/NJ Super Bowl
- Newtown families create website to honor Sandy Hook victims
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Winter Weather Advisory
1 min ago