New Jersey News
New Jersey shore town nixes 'Snooki & JWoww' taping
BERKELEY TOWNSHIP -- A New Jersey town trying to rebuild from Superstorm Sandy is pulling the plug on taping of the MTV show "Snooki & JWoww."
Berkeley Township officials say taping the "Jersey Shore" spinoff is a commercial enterprise, which would violate zoning ordinances. The town has notified the property's owner that the home is in an area zoned for residential use.
Residents in the Pelican Island neighborhood hired a lawyer after learning about the taping in the rented home. They fear it would disrupt efforts to get their lives back to normal as they try to restore their homes damaged by Sandy.
Attorney Ron Gasiorowski tells the Asbury Park Press (http://on.app.com/15PN7d9 ) there are other areas in the town where the activity could take place.
Some other towns have adopted ordinances to block taping.
new jersey, new jersey news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ 33 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss 43 min ago
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area 37 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos