New Jersey News
New Jersey shore town nixes 'Snooki & JWoww' taping
BERKELEY TOWNSHIP -- A New Jersey town trying to rebuild from Superstorm Sandy is pulling the plug on taping of the MTV show "Snooki & JWoww."
Berkeley Township officials say taping the "Jersey Shore" spinoff is a commercial enterprise, which would violate zoning ordinances. The town has notified the property's owner that the home is in an area zoned for residential use.
Residents in the Pelican Island neighborhood hired a lawyer after learning about the taping in the rented home. They fear it would disrupt efforts to get their lives back to normal as they try to restore their homes damaged by Sandy.
Attorney Ron Gasiorowski tells the Asbury Park Press (http://on.app.com/15PN7d9 ) there are other areas in the town where the activity could take place.
Some other towns have adopted ordinances to block taping.
new jersey, new jersey news
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for cause
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday 36 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion 32 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 7 min ago
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Photos: Bus hits cars in Brooklyn
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Firefighters respond to brush fire near JFK
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
36 min ago