New Jersey News
Dozens arrested in Jersey City drugs and weapons bust
JERSEY CITY, N.J. -- Nearly three dozen people have been arrested in a drug and weapons crackdown in Jersey City.
Mayor Steven Fulop announced Saturday that city police in conjunction with the Hudson County prosecutor's office and federal drug agents arrested 35 people on a variety of charges.
The operation began Friday afternoon in the city's southern and western districts and resumed Friday night into early Saturday morning.
Thirty-five people were arrested on a variety of charges including drug distribution.
Police say they seized two handguns, a replica Uzi, a crossbow handgun, 14 knives, 19 pairs of handcuffs, a blackjack, 15 bags of marijuana and two bags of cocaine.
Fulop says the arrests are part of an effort to target areas of the city that experience the highest levels of crime.
new jersey, jersey city, drug bust, new jersey news
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall