New Jersey News
Dozens arrested in Jersey City drugs and weapons bust
JERSEY CITY, N.J. -- Nearly three dozen people have been arrested in a drug and weapons crackdown in Jersey City.
Mayor Steven Fulop announced Saturday that city police in conjunction with the Hudson County prosecutor's office and federal drug agents arrested 35 people on a variety of charges.
The operation began Friday afternoon in the city's southern and western districts and resumed Friday night into early Saturday morning.
Thirty-five people were arrested on a variety of charges including drug distribution.
Police say they seized two handguns, a replica Uzi, a crossbow handgun, 14 knives, 19 pairs of handcuffs, a blackjack, 15 bags of marijuana and two bags of cocaine.
Fulop says the arrests are part of an effort to target areas of the city that experience the highest levels of crime.
new jersey, jersey city, drug bust, new jersey news
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- New measles cases confirmed in New York City 3 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos