New Jersey News
Judge tacks on 50 years in New Jersey father rape case
PATERSON, N.J. -- A New Jersey man already in prison for sexually assaulting one of his daughters has been sentenced to an additional 50 years for raping and impregnating one of her siblings.
The man still faces three more trials - one for each of the remaining daughters he is accused of assaulting.
The Associated Press does not generally identify victims of sexual assault and is not reporting the man's name to protect the identity of his alleged victims.
In court Friday, the self-styled music producer faced a daughter who had testified she bore four of his children.
The Record of Woodland Park (http://bit.ly/16ahr4r) reports that the man, shackled and in a prison jumpsuit, burst out at one point that the woman "should have told the truth."
A jury convicted the man in March of sexual assault and aggravated sexual assault. He was already serving 40 years after being convicted in 2010 of sexually assaulting another daughter who testified she bore him a child.
A daughter and the man's former wife have testified that he spoke often of being a prophet who believed in keeping his bloodlines pure. The daughter testified in the first trial that her father told her at age 8, "If he has a child with one of his own children, then it will be a supreme being."
They also testified he had insisted that most of his children be born at home so they wouldn't have birth certificates or social security numbers. The women also testified he kept the children from seeing doctors, home-schooled them, made them follow an extreme vegetarian diet and enforced his will with regular beatings.
At his sentencing, state Superior Court Judge Raymond Reddin described the man's actions as part of his "disgusting, revolting fantasies."
new jersey, sex crime, rape, new jersey news
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault 32 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident