New Jersey News
Judge tacks on 50 years in New Jersey father rape case
PATERSON, N.J. -- A New Jersey man already in prison for sexually assaulting one of his daughters has been sentenced to an additional 50 years for raping and impregnating one of her siblings.
The man still faces three more trials - one for each of the remaining daughters he is accused of assaulting.
The Associated Press does not generally identify victims of sexual assault and is not reporting the man's name to protect the identity of his alleged victims.
In court Friday, the self-styled music producer faced a daughter who had testified she bore four of his children.
The Record of Woodland Park (http://bit.ly/16ahr4r) reports that the man, shackled and in a prison jumpsuit, burst out at one point that the woman "should have told the truth."
A jury convicted the man in March of sexual assault and aggravated sexual assault. He was already serving 40 years after being convicted in 2010 of sexually assaulting another daughter who testified she bore him a child.
A daughter and the man's former wife have testified that he spoke often of being a prophet who believed in keeping his bloodlines pure. The daughter testified in the first trial that her father told her at age 8, "If he has a child with one of his own children, then it will be a supreme being."
They also testified he had insisted that most of his children be born at home so they wouldn't have birth certificates or social security numbers. The women also testified he kept the children from seeing doctors, home-schooled them, made them follow an extreme vegetarian diet and enforced his will with regular beatings.
At his sentencing, state Superior Court Judge Raymond Reddin described the man's actions as part of his "disgusting, revolting fantasies."
new jersey, sex crime, rape, new jersey news
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead 12 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark 37 min ago
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Annual 'Pokey,' 'Schleppie' awards for MTA bus service
- Rangel announces run for 23rd term
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach 29 min ago
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Screw Magazine publisher Al Goldstein dies at 77 51 min ago
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward 29 min ago
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in...
37 min ago
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved...
29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
12 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos