New Jersey News
Revel Casino to close poker room next month
ATLANTIC CITY -- Atlantic City's Revel Casino-Hotel is folding its poker room next month.
The Press of Atlantic City reports the casino said in a statement the decision to close was made in an effort to further improve its overall operating performance.
However, Revel says it might offer poker again once Internet gambling is launched in New Jersey.
State figures show Revel placed second to last in June poker revenue out of the nine casinos offering the game.
Revel reported the first week in July was the first time in its history that it had a profitable week.
Revel has been struggling financially since it opened in April 2012. It filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection earlier this year and emerged in May with less debt and a new management team.
new jersey, atlantic city, new jersey news
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Triple stabbing at Stamford High School
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos