New Jersey News
Third New Jersey dispensary gets permission to cultivate pot
TRENTON, N.J. -- New Jersey has given a third medical marijuana dispensary permission to plant its first crop of pot.
The state Health Department announced Wednesday Compassionate Care Centers of America Foundation, Inc., in Woodbridge can start.
It would be the first dispensary in the central part of the state.
New Jersey legalized cannabis for patients with certain conditions in 2010, but the program has been slow to take root.
Only one dispensary, Greenleaf Compassion Center in Montclair, has opened so far. But it's been closed since June because of a supply shortage.
Compassionate Care Foundation in Egg Harbor Township is growing marijuana and expects to open in September.
Three other groups were chosen by the state to sell pot legally.
new jersey, medical marijuana, marijuana, new jersey news
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village
- Woman charged Thursday with neglect after living in a van with...
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos