New Jersey News
Third New Jersey dispensary gets permission to cultivate pot
TRENTON, N.J. -- New Jersey has given a third medical marijuana dispensary permission to plant its first crop of pot.
The state Health Department announced Wednesday Compassionate Care Centers of America Foundation, Inc., in Woodbridge can start.
It would be the first dispensary in the central part of the state.
New Jersey legalized cannabis for patients with certain conditions in 2010, but the program has been slow to take root.
Only one dispensary, Greenleaf Compassion Center in Montclair, has opened so far. But it's been closed since June because of a supply shortage.
Compassionate Care Foundation in Egg Harbor Township is growing marijuana and expects to open in September.
Three other groups were chosen by the state to sell pot legally.
new jersey, medical marijuana, marijuana, new jersey news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday 8 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death 12 min ago
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Mayor-elect de Blasio to visit White House
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Charges expected in fraternity death
12 min ago
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
8 min ago