New Jersey News
Third New Jersey dispensary gets permission to cultivate pot
TRENTON, N.J. -- New Jersey has given a third medical marijuana dispensary permission to plant its first crop of pot.
The state Health Department announced Wednesday Compassionate Care Centers of America Foundation, Inc., in Woodbridge can start.
It would be the first dispensary in the central part of the state.
New Jersey legalized cannabis for patients with certain conditions in 2010, but the program has been slow to take root.
Only one dispensary, Greenleaf Compassion Center in Montclair, has opened so far. But it's been closed since June because of a supply shortage.
Compassionate Care Foundation in Egg Harbor Township is growing marijuana and expects to open in September.
Three other groups were chosen by the state to sell pot legally.
new jersey, medical marijuana, marijuana, new jersey news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ