New Jersey News
Car was speeding in New Jersey crash that killed 3, police say
NORTH BERGEN, N.J. (WABC) -- Police say the car involved in a crash in North Bergen early Saturday morning that killed three people was speeding.
Investigators say the car veered off the road and hit a concrete pillar on eastbound Route 3 near the intersection of Route 495, which leads to the Lincoln Tunnel.
There were five men in the car, four of whom were ejected from the vehicle.
One man had to be extricated from the car.
The driver and two passengers were killed.
One survivor is in critical condition, the other is stable.
The names of the men in the car were not immediately released, but authorities said they ranged in age from 19 to 31.
A stretch of the highway was closed for several hours due to the crash.
Authorities are still trying to identify one of the victims in the crash.
new jersey, north bergen, accident, new jersey news
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera 40 min ago
- Man caught on camera using cloned ATM card 27 min ago
- BridgeGate panel could call Gov. Chris Christie to testify 11 min ago
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Photos: Elmwood Park motel fire