New Jersey News
Flight aborted, plane returns to Newark airport
NEWARK -- A United Airlines spokesman says a flight to Germany has returned safely to Newark-Liberty International Airport after the crew suspected a problem with the aircraft's cabin pressure.
Spokesman Rahsaan Johnson said United Flight 74 was headed to Hamburg from Newark on Friday when the Boeing 757 aircraft developed what he called "a pressurization issue."
The crew decided to return to Newark.
Johnson said the plane, carrying 135 passengers, landed safely just after 10:30 p.m.
He said United Airlines provided overnight accommodations to passengers who needed it.
new jersey, newark, new jersey news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way 40 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow alert issued for New York City 14 min ago
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- Suspect charged with assaulting cop with cane
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Staten Island buyback collects nearly 100 guns 44 min ago
- Police hunt driver in deadly Queens hit and run
- South Africans pray for Mandela in day of mourning
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Newtown groups open week of 'acts of kindness'
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
40 min ago