New Jersey News
Flight aborted, plane returns to Newark airport
NEWARK -- A United Airlines spokesman says a flight to Germany has returned safely to Newark-Liberty International Airport after the crew suspected a problem with the aircraft's cabin pressure.
Spokesman Rahsaan Johnson said United Flight 74 was headed to Hamburg from Newark on Friday when the Boeing 757 aircraft developed what he called "a pressurization issue."
The crew decided to return to Newark.
Johnson said the plane, carrying 135 passengers, landed safely just after 10:30 p.m.
He said United Airlines provided overnight accommodations to passengers who needed it.
new jersey, newark, new jersey news
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx 52 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach 6 min ago
- Jersey City water main break isolated; Water back on
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito 39 min ago
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
52 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos