New Jersey News
4 hurt when ambulance, SUV collide in Union City
UNION CITY (WABC) -- Four people were hurt when an ambulance collided with an SUV in New Jersey early Monday.
The crash happened at Bergenline Avenue and 30th Street in Union City just after 3 a.m.
Two EMTs who were in the ambulance were rushed to Jersey City Medical Center in stable condition, while two women in the Dodge Durango were taken to Hoboken Medical Center with injuries not believed to be life threatening.
Witnesses say the crash happened very quickly and that the sound of the two vehicles colliding was very loud.
The ambulance, out of West New York, was heading south on Bergenline Avenue with its lights and siren on, responding to a call for mutual aid. Somehow, the two women traveling east on 30th Street didn't hear or see the ambulance.
The collision was so violent that it flipped the ambulance onto its side. The SUV jumped the curb and ended up crashing into the front window of a pizza shop.
Emergency responders extricated the victims from the vehicles.
Bergenline Avenue was closed for cleanup and the investigation.
new jersey, union city, accident, new jersey news
- Large explosion, fire in East Harlem; at least 16 hurt 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live! 40 min ago
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 6 min ago
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter
- NYC rape-murder cannibal conspiracy trial headed to jury
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys
- Elderly jaywalker roughed up during arrest due in court
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25