New Jersey News
Fort Lee hit and run leaves woman critically hurt
FORT LEE, N.J. (WABC) -- Police in New Jersey are searching for the driver involved in a hit and run accident that left a woman critically injured.
The 36-year old woman had parked her car on Slocum Way in Fort Lee just before 6 p.m. Wednesday night.
As she was getting out of her car, police say she was struck by a vehicle that fled the scene.
The woman was thrown underneath another parked car by the force of the impact.
She was eventually extricated and transported to the trauma center at Hackensack University Medical Center, where she is listed in critical condition.
Police believe the car is a black vehicle with front end damage.
Anyone with information on the driver is asked to call the Fort Lee Police Department at 201-592-3524 or the Bergen County Prosecutor's Office at 201-336-7700.
new jersey, fort lee, hit and run accident, new jersey news, carolina leid
- Woman dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire 43 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime 51 min ago
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while schools in session 21 min ago
- MTA launches new apps for LIRR, Metro-North riders
- Crown Heights woman critical after hit and run 58 min ago
- New York Army cadet accused of emailing child porn
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills 16 min ago
- City Council passes plastic foam,...
16 min ago