New Jersey News
Fort Lee hit and run leaves woman critically hurt
FORT LEE, N.J. (WABC) -- Police in New Jersey are searching for the driver involved in a hit and run accident that left a woman critically injured.
The 36-year old woman had parked her car on Slocum Way in Fort Lee just before 6 p.m. Wednesday night.
As she was getting out of her car, police say she was struck by a vehicle that fled the scene.
The woman was thrown underneath another parked car by the force of the impact.
She was eventually extricated and transported to the trauma center at Hackensack University Medical Center, where she is listed in critical condition.
Police believe the car is a black vehicle with front end damage.
Anyone with information on the driver is asked to call the Fort Lee Police Department at 201-592-3524 or the Bergen County Prosecutor's Office at 201-336-7700.
new jersey, fort lee, hit and run accident, new jersey news, carolina leid
- Mike Woodson out as head coach of Knicks
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security 51 min ago
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Coney Island double stabbing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos