New Jersey News
Bar sued after alleged drunk driver injures woman
POINT PLEASANT BEACH, N.J. (WABC) -- The victim is recovering at the hospital.
Her injuries are so bad that doctors don't know when she'll be able to go home.
"This is my worst fear. I thank God she's alive," said Amy Corrar, the victim's daughter.
But Amy Corrar says her mom Dana is in a lot of pain.
She's had three surgeries and many broken bones after a devastating car crash.
"My mom means so much to me. I couldn't imagine losing her," Amy Corrar said.
The 55-year-old grandmother was driving home from her nursing job when she was hit by a wrong way driver earlier this month.
Police say that 26-year-old woman who died was seen drinking at Martell's Tiki Bar.
In response, the Corrar's plan to sue the Point Pleasant Beach business.
"They have a responsibility to patrons people they're selling alcohol to make sure they do not knowing continue to serve someone who's intoxicated. And that may be the case here. They have a second responsibility to not allow people to leave their bar in that state," said Paul Edelstein, attorney.
Amy says her mom's medical bills are hundreds of thousands of dollars, but their biggest hope right now is that this Old Bridge woman makes a full recovery.
"I want to see my mom dance again. At my son's first birthday I taught her the Cupid shuffle. I want to see her do the Cupid shuffle again. That's what I want to see," Amy Corrar said.
Eyewitness News reached out to the owners of the bar, but has yet to get a response.
Police are waiting for toxicology reports to confirm if the other driver was intoxicated.
new jersey, point pleasant, drunk driving, dwi, new jersey news, carolina leid
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Workers remove rubble in East Harlem 57 min ago
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help 40 min ago
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey 20 min ago
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens 54 min ago
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel 30 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse