New Jersey News
Driver in deadly SUV crash due in Morris County court
JEFFERSON TOWNSHIP -- The driver of an SUV that crashed in northern New Jersey killing three people, including a pregnant woman, is due in court Tuesday.
Luis Torres is expected to appear by video conference for a bail hearing in Morris County Tuesday.
Police say the 37-year-old Jersey City resident was driving family members and friends home after drinking beer most of the day when he lost control of his SUV in Jefferson Township Saturday.
Sixty-two-year-old Lucila Colon and 11-year-old Tevia Booth died at the scene. Thirty-six-year-old Julissa Colon, who was five months pregnant, died at a hospital.
Six people were injured.
Torres is charged with three counts each of aggravated manslaughter and vehicular homicide and five counts of assault by auto.
new jersey, morris county, accident, new jersey news
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination 39 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap 14 min ago
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- LI hospital warns of possible blood...
39 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos