New Jersey News
Ferry makes hard landing at Liberty Island
LIBERTY ISLAND (WABC) -- Three people suffered minor injuries when a ferry made a hard landing at Liberty Island Tuesday afternoon.
The accident happened at 3:45 p.m. Tuesday as the ferry was heading into the dock at Liberty Island.
There were 497 passengers onboard, plus nine crew members.
The boat, the Miss New Jersey, was taken out of service and everyone on board disembarked on Liberty Island and continued on their tour.
Service between New York City and Liberty Island was suspended for 15 minutes.
There was no interruption in service to and from New Jersey.
The boat, under its own power, sailed back to the marina at Liberty State Park where it's docked. There was no serious damage.
Coast Guard investigators will test crew members for drugs and alcohol and look for possible environmental or mechanical problems that may have led to the crash.
new jersey, new jersey news
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting 48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 18 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 42 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera 40 min ago
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry...
42 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
18 min ago