New Jersey News
Ferry makes hard landing at Liberty Island
LIBERTY ISLAND (WABC) -- Three people suffered minor injuries when a ferry made a hard landing at Liberty Island Tuesday afternoon.
The accident happened at 3:45 p.m. Tuesday as the ferry was heading into the dock at Liberty Island.
There were 497 passengers onboard, plus nine crew members.
The boat, the Miss New Jersey, was taken out of service and everyone on board disembarked on Liberty Island and continued on their tour.
Service between New York City and Liberty Island was suspended for 15 minutes.
There was no interruption in service to and from New Jersey.
The boat, under its own power, sailed back to the marina at Liberty State Park where it's docked. There was no serious damage.
Coast Guard investigators will test crew members for drugs and alcohol and look for possible environmental or mechanical problems that may have led to the crash.
new jersey, new jersey news
- LIRR suspended between Huntington, Hicksville 13 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Photos: Weather whiplash
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 24 min ago
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures 20 min ago