New Jersey News
Police investigating after 2 fatally shot in Newark
NEWARK (WABC) -- Police are investigating a deadly shooting in Newark.
Two people, a man and a woman, were found dead in a car on Saturday afternoon at the corner of South 10th Street and 15th Avenue.
Police believe they were targeted, but no motive has been identified.
The victims were identified as 23-year-old Damien Matteaux, of Newark, and 16-year-old Nyquese McCollum, of Irvington.
Authorities say the victims are cousins and were in route to pick up his girlfriend at her place of employment in Union.
Detectives believe that Matteaux was the target.
The Essex County Prosecutor's Office Homicide Task Force is investigating, and no arrests have been made so far.
new jersey news, new jersey, newark, shooting, new jersey news
- Bible from East Harlem church found in debris
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for Malaysian jet widens
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks
- Sick patrons interrupt Broadway show performance 17 min ago
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Video: Manhattan clinches first NCAA bid in a decade 48 min ago
- Manhattan clinches first NCAA bid in a decade
48 min ago