New Jersey News
Police investigating after 2 fatally shot in Newark
NEWARK (WABC) -- Police are investigating a deadly shooting in Newark.
Two people, a man and a woman, were found dead in a car on Saturday afternoon at the corner of South 10th Street and 15th Avenue.
Police believe they were targeted, but no motive has been identified.
The victims were identified as 23-year-old Damien Matteaux, of Newark, and 16-year-old Nyquese McCollum, of Irvington.
Authorities say the victims are cousins and were in route to pick up his girlfriend at her place of employment in Union.
Detectives believe that Matteaux was the target.
The Essex County Prosecutor's Office Homicide Task Force is investigating, and no arrests have been made so far.
new jersey news, new jersey, newark, shooting, new jersey news
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's in Nassau County 30 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Freight train, truck collide in West Nyack
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- Photos: Long Island Rail Road massacre
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela 35 min ago
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City 34 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Robinson Cano to sign with Mariners
- USA to open against Ghana in '14 World Cup
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
35 min ago
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
34 min ago