New Jersey News
Worker questioned after incident at Newark airport
NEWARK (WABC) -- Port Authority police took an airline worker into custody after an incident at Newark International Airport.
The incident happened after 9:00 a.m.
Authorities say an on duty employee at United Airlines, believed to be a cargo worker, got into a dispute with someone else, possibly another employee.
Officials said he took an airline vehicle and drove around secure areas at Newark International Airport for about 10 minutes.
He was eventually stopped by Port Authority Police on the ramp side of building 344.
He was not armed, but authorities questioned him for several hours. No charges were expected, officials said.
United issues a one sentence statement regarding the incident: "A United employee was detained by authorities this morning following a security procedural irregularity at Newark Liberty International Airport."
There was no disruption to air travel.
new jersey news, new jersey, new jersey news
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall