New Jersey News
New Jersey police chase ends with car slamming in home
METUCHEN (WABC) -- A routine traffic stop in New Jersey led to a wild police chase that ended with a car crashing into a home Friday morning.
The incident began in Metuchen around 10:20 a.m., with the chase ending in Edison.
Police say the female driver sped off when an officer tried to pull the vehicle over.
The fleeing vehicle was involved in a minor accident at Woodbridge Avenue and Claussen Road, then lost control and crashed into the house at 1 Laurie Lane.
There were two people in the home at the time. Neither was injured.
The Metuchen officer chasing the suspect made the arrest, and the woman is in Metuchen police custody.
Town engineers deemed the house structurally unsound. Repairs will have to be made before the homeowners can go back inside.
new jersey news, new jersey, edison, police chase, accident, new jersey news
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos