New Jersey News
New Jersey police chase ends with car slamming in home
METUCHEN (WABC) -- A routine traffic stop in New Jersey led to a wild police chase that ended with a car crashing into a home Friday morning.
The incident began in Metuchen around 10:20 a.m., with the chase ending in Edison.
Police say the female driver sped off when an officer tried to pull the vehicle over.
The fleeing vehicle was involved in a minor accident at Woodbridge Avenue and Claussen Road, then lost control and crashed into the house at 1 Laurie Lane.
There were two people in the home at the time. Neither was injured.
The Metuchen officer chasing the suspect made the arrest, and the woman is in Metuchen police custody.
Town engineers deemed the house structurally unsound. Repairs will have to be made before the homeowners can go back inside.
new jersey news, new jersey, edison, police chase, accident, new jersey news
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- 3 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card 4 min ago
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Man says he was unjustly pepper sprayed by police
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos