New Jersey News
New Jersey police chase ends with car slamming in home
METUCHEN (WABC) -- A routine traffic stop in New Jersey led to a wild police chase that ended with a car crashing into a home Friday morning.
The incident began in Metuchen around 10:20 a.m., with the chase ending in Edison.
Police say the female driver sped off when an officer tried to pull the vehicle over.
The fleeing vehicle was involved in a minor accident at Woodbridge Avenue and Claussen Road, then lost control and crashed into the house at 1 Laurie Lane.
There were two people in the home at the time. Neither was injured.
The Metuchen officer chasing the suspect made the arrest, and the woman is in Metuchen police custody.
Town engineers deemed the house structurally unsound. Repairs will have to be made before the homeowners can go back inside.
new jersey news, new jersey, edison, police chase, accident, new jersey news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act