New Jersey News
2 weekend murders under investigation in Newark
NEWARK (WABC) -- A pair of unrelated murders over the weekend are under investigation in Newark.
In the first incident, 21-year-old Najee Montague was shot around 7:30 p.m. Saturday while standing at the intersection of Orange Avenue and Salem Street.
He was pronounced dead at the scene a short time later.
Then, 25-year-old Eric Harris was shot around 10 a.m. Sunday on 18th Avenue, a few blocks away from Nat Turner Park, and pronounced dead at the scene.
Authorities say both victims may have been targeted, and there is no indication the matters are related.
An investigation by the Essex County Prosecutor's Major Crimes Task Force is continuing.
new jersey news, new jersey, newark, murder, shooting, new jersey news
- Search continues for Malaysia Airlines plane 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search continues for Malaysia Airlines plane
16 min ago