New Jersey News
Fire tears through 3-story home in Irvington; no injuries
IRVINGTON (WABC) -- Flames ripped through a three-story house in New Jersey early Friday.
The fire broke out at a vacant home on 20th Street, just off Springfield Avenue, in Irvington just before 6 a.m., prompted residents of a neighboring building to flee.
Firefighters battled the blaze for about an hour before putting it out.
It caused damage to the second and third floors.
The neighboring building houses six families, but no injuries were reported.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Authorities are investigating reports that it was occupied by squatters.
new jersey news, new jersey, irvington, fire, new jersey news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ