New Jersey News
Port Authority police officer hit by SUV near Holland Tunnel
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A driver who allegedly struck a Port Authority police officer while approaching the Holland Tunnel was arrested when he got caught in tunnel traffic Monday morning.
Police say 25-year-old Khalid Abdulla, of Clifton, struck the officer at the intersection of 12th Street and Marin Boulevard in Jersey City just after 8:30 a.m. as the uniformed officer was on foot and attempting to pull his 2008 Honda Civic headed eastbound into the tunnel for a motor vehicle infraction.
Abdulla struck the officer in the leg and refused to stop.
The officer sustained a non life threatening injury.
Another officer hurt his arm while attempting to stop the vehicle.
Abdulla eventually got stuck in Holland Tunnel traffic, and other Port Authority officers placed him under arrest.
He is charged with aggravated assault on a police officer, eluding with a motor vehicle, resisting arrest and reckless driving.
new jersey news, new jersey, holland tunnel, police officer injured, new jersey news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey still predicting 2014 role
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97 32 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
13 min ago