New Jersey News
Drug arrest after New Jersey man mistakenly texts cop's son about deal
SPARTA -- Authorities say a New Jersey man mistakenly sent a text message to a police detective to set up a drug sale and now faces charges.
Authorities say a detective received the text message on his 10-year-old son's new cellphone Friday night. The sender had said he had a quarter pound of marijuana for sale and wanted to meet at a pizza parlor.
Nicholas Delear Jr., of Sussex, met later that night with an undercover police officer but fled when he became suspicious. Police soon stopped his vehicle, but the 33-year-old Delear refused to consent to his vehicle being searched.
Authorities obtained a warrant after a police dog detected drugs in the vehicle. They found four plastic bags containing marijuana and other paraphernalia.
new jersey news, new jersey, new jersey news
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault 45 min ago
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- 3 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village...
45 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos