New Jersey News
Drug arrest after New Jersey man mistakenly texts cop's son about deal
SPARTA -- Authorities say a New Jersey man mistakenly sent a text message to a police detective to set up a drug sale and now faces charges.
Authorities say a detective received the text message on his 10-year-old son's new cellphone Friday night. The sender had said he had a quarter pound of marijuana for sale and wanted to meet at a pizza parlor.
Nicholas Delear Jr., of Sussex, met later that night with an undercover police officer but fled when he became suspicious. Police soon stopped his vehicle, but the 33-year-old Delear refused to consent to his vehicle being searched.
Authorities obtained a warrant after a police dog detected drugs in the vehicle. They found four plastic bags containing marijuana and other paraphernalia.
new jersey news, new jersey, new jersey news
- Guinness drops St. Pat's Day parade sponsorship
- AccuWeather: Snow for some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn 58 min ago
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote
- Russian media warns of turning US into 'radioactive dust'
- Chris Brown kicked out of rehab, facing jail time 43 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million 38 min ago
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
58 min ago