New Jersey News
Edison car crash leaves 3 dead
EDISON (WABC) -- Police are investigating a two-car crash that killed three people, including 15-year-old driver, on Route 27 in Edison early Tuesday.
The accident happened near the Stony Road intersection at 12:32 a.m.
The driver of a 1995 Honda Civic, identified as a 15-year-old Edison boy, was pronounced dead at the scene at 1:01 a.m.
You are left wondering how so many lives can change or end in a heartbeat, how driving on a wide, four lane highway could possibly result in so horrific a crash.
And you are left to wonder how two families with seven children are to survive the sudden, stunning, loss of their fathers.
"He always did everything he could for his children, he was there for them, supported them, he was a good father, and they keep asking, 'Where's daddy?' and he's not coming home tonight," a family member said.
46-year-old Mohammad Zia was a husband and the father of four children. 35-year-old Ali Behzad was a husband and he and his wife had three children, the youngest just 3 years old.
The two men were driving home early Tuesday morning, when a vehicle illegally driven by an unlicensed 15-year-old boy crossed the yellow line on Route 27 and killed everyone in both cars.
"There was a lot firemen, a lot of first aiders, a lot of cops, I saw the firemen cut the roof off the car," said Scott Criss, an eyewitness.
"My dad was the hardest working man that I know. He put in hours no one could even imagine just to keep me, my mom, and my two brothers and my sister, to keep a roof over our head," said Mobeen Zia, the victim's son.
Tuesday, friends and family gathered at Mohammed Zia's home.
This was supposed to be a joyous gathering to celebrate Eid, one of the holiest days in the Muslim faith.
They struggled, instead, to find some comfort, after a tragedy beyond words.
"He had three beautiful kids, and my sister, and he left them all, he just left," the victim's brother-in-law said.
Anyone with information is asked to call Detective Lisa Cimmino of the Edison Police Department at (732) 248-7529, or Investigator Jeffrey Temple of the Middlesex County Prosecutor's Office at (732) 745-3373.
new jersey news, new jersey, edison, accident, new jersey news, jim dolan
- Mike Woodson out as head coach of Knicks 57 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security 21 min ago
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Coney Island double stabbing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos