New Jersey News
Two children ages 7 and 2 found home alone in Jersey City
JERSEY CITY (WABC) -- Two children, ages 7 and 2 were found home alone in their Jersey City apartment on Tuesday.
The children were found by the superintendant just after 10am in the apartment on Bergen Avenue.
The super said she went and knocked on the door of the home after being hit in the head with a piece of paper. When the oldest child opened the door, the super found that they were home alone.
When she asked where their parents were, she was told they were at work.
Police say the parents showed up to the home 45 minutes after the incident and told witnesses she ran out to go to the store, but was only gone for a few minutes. The investigation continues into how long the children were actually alone.
The mother, 37-year-old Cinthia Medina is charged with child abuse and endangering the welfare of two children.
The children were checked out as a precaution at Jersey City Medical Center and have since been released.
new jersey news, new jersey, new jersey news
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- School bus overturns in Brooklyn; 5 hurt 1 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time 30 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 13 min ago
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store 33 min ago
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins 34 min ago
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
4 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
13 min ago
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
34 min ago