New Jersey News
Two children ages 7 and 2 found home alone in Jersey City
JERSEY CITY (WABC) -- Two children, ages 7 and 2 were found home alone in their Jersey City apartment on Tuesday.
The children were found by the superintendant just after 10am in the apartment on Bergen Avenue.
The super said she went and knocked on the door of the home after being hit in the head with a piece of paper. When the oldest child opened the door, the super found that they were home alone.
When she asked where their parents were, she was told they were at work.
Police say the parents showed up to the home 45 minutes after the incident and told witnesses she ran out to go to the store, but was only gone for a few minutes. The investigation continues into how long the children were actually alone.
The mother, 37-year-old Cinthia Medina is charged with child abuse and endangering the welfare of two children.
The children were checked out as a precaution at Jersey City Medical Center and have since been released.
new jersey news, new jersey, new jersey news
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay
- Suspense builds for season finale of 'Scandal'