New Jersey News
Piscataway bowling alley brawl leaves 1 dead
PISCATAWAY (WABC) -- Police are investigating the death of a 23-year-old man, who was the apparent victim of a beating during a party at a bowling alley on Saturday morning.
The incident took place around 1:30 at Stelton Lanes in Piscataway. When police arrived at the scene, they found as many as 250 party guests involved in a series of fist fights in the parking lot and inside the bowling alley.
The victim, Jamount Atkins of Newark, was taken to Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick after he was left on the ground bleeding.
Atkins was pronounced dead just before 2:30 am.
The results of an autopsy by the Middlesex County Medical Examiner's office were not immediately available, but it appeared Atkins was the victim of a beating.
Regulars at the bowling alley say it great place to take friends.
"I even brought my kids last weekend," said bowler Andre Ames.
No arrests have been made, and the bowling alley is closed as police continue to investigate.
Anyone with any information is asked to call Detective Todd Ritter of the Piscataway Police Department at (732) 562-2359 or Investigator Adrian Villegas of the Middlesex County Prosecutor's office at (732) 745-4428.
new jersey news, new jersey, new jersey news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash