New Jersey News
New Jersey man calls 911 to get him a taxi
LINDEN (WABC) -- A New Jersey man was arrested early Thursday after he allegedly called 911 to get him a taxi following an argument with a cab driver.
Officers responded to an Exxon station on Edgar Road in Linden on a report of a dispute involving a taxi driver, and 36-year-old Robert Nedeski was taken into custody.
The 35-year-old driver told police that he was hired to drive Nedeski to Edison, but that Nedeski refused to pay the entire fare until he reached his destination.
An argument ensued, and Nedeski reportedly began to curse at the driver.
The driver then pulled over to let him out at the gas station, refusing to take him to Edison.
Police say Nedeski then paid the driver his fare, but told him he was going to hire a new taxi driver because he didn't like him.
Nedeski then called 911 and demanded that the police find him a taxi before walking away from the scene and making numerous more calls over the next 20 minutes.
When officers located Nedeski near the Benedict Motel, they advised him to stop calling 911.
That's when police say he began cursing at the officers, telling them he would continue calling the emergency number until a taxi took him home.
At that point, he was placed under arrest.
Authorities say Nedeski then began to push the officer away from him and refused to place his hands behind his back.
He was then pepper sprayed and handcuffed.
Nedeski is charged with disorderly conduct and making a false 911 call.
He was being held on $1 million bail pending a court date set for October 31 in Linden Municipal Court.
new jersey news, new jersey, new jersey news
- Snow changes to rain and ice, causing slick roads 49 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto 31 min ago
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa
- MTA announces new safety measures after derailment
- Princeton to begin meningitis B vaccinations Monday
- New Jersey black bear hunt set for Monday 29 min ago
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- Paul Walker memorial draws thousands in California
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Snow changes to rain and ice, causing slick...
49 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos