New Jersey News
New Jersey man calls 911 to get him a taxi
LINDEN (WABC) -- A New Jersey man was arrested early Thursday after he allegedly called 911 to get him a taxi following an argument with a cab driver.
Officers responded to an Exxon station on Edgar Road in Linden on a report of a dispute involving a taxi driver, and 36-year-old Robert Nedeski was taken into custody.
The 35-year-old driver told police that he was hired to drive Nedeski to Edison, but that Nedeski refused to pay the entire fare until he reached his destination.
An argument ensued, and Nedeski reportedly began to curse at the driver.
The driver then pulled over to let him out at the gas station, refusing to take him to Edison.
Police say Nedeski then paid the driver his fare, but told him he was going to hire a new taxi driver because he didn't like him.
Nedeski then called 911 and demanded that the police find him a taxi before walking away from the scene and making numerous more calls over the next 20 minutes.
When officers located Nedeski near the Benedict Motel, they advised him to stop calling 911.
That's when police say he began cursing at the officers, telling them he would continue calling the emergency number until a taxi took him home.
At that point, he was placed under arrest.
Authorities say Nedeski then began to push the officer away from him and refused to place his hands behind his back.
He was then pepper sprayed and handcuffed.
Nedeski is charged with disorderly conduct and making a false 911 call.
He was being held on $1 million bail pending a court date set for October 31 in Linden Municipal Court.
new jersey news, new jersey, new jersey news
- Cuomo to announce deal between MTA and Union
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Deal reached on calming Ukraine tensions 58 min ago
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- NYC mayor announces Sandy recovery reforms
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014