New Jersey News
Toddler is 1st customer at New Jersey medical pot dispensary
EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP -- A 2-year-old with epilepsy is now receiving medical marijuana in New Jersey after her parents' months-long push to get her the drug they believe will help treat her.
Vivian Wilson was the first patient Monday when Compassionate Care Foundation opened in Egg Harbor Township, becoming New Jersey's second legal medical marijuana dispensary.
The girl's parents led a successful push for New Jersey to allow more varieties of cannabis for patients and let children have it in edible form.
They say other kids with her rare form of epilepsy have been helped by a certain non-potent strain of pot.
Her father, Brian Wilson, tells The Philadelphia Inquirer (http://bit.ly/17VBXUc ) the exact strain is not available yet in New Jersey, but he will convert buds to an oil that she can use.
new jersey news, new jersey, medical marijuana, new jersey news
- Guinness drops sponsorship of St. Patrick's Day Parade 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA men's basketball tournament
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Up Close with Diana Williams
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos