New Jersey News
Toddler is 1st customer at New Jersey medical pot dispensary
EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP -- A 2-year-old with epilepsy is now receiving medical marijuana in New Jersey after her parents' months-long push to get her the drug they believe will help treat her.
Vivian Wilson was the first patient Monday when Compassionate Care Foundation opened in Egg Harbor Township, becoming New Jersey's second legal medical marijuana dispensary.
The girl's parents led a successful push for New Jersey to allow more varieties of cannabis for patients and let children have it in edible form.
They say other kids with her rare form of epilepsy have been helped by a certain non-potent strain of pot.
Her father, Brian Wilson, tells The Philadelphia Inquirer (http://bit.ly/17VBXUc ) the exact strain is not available yet in New Jersey, but he will convert buds to an oil that she can use.
new jersey news, new jersey, medical marijuana, new jersey news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday 53 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Newtown school shooting vigils planned for Thursday
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- George Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker after big loss
- Software engineer teaches homeless man how to code
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
53 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos