New Jersey News
Murdered Waldwick mother laid to rest Wednesday
WALDWICK (WABC) -- Family and friends gathered Wednesday to bid a final farewell to a young mother who was murdered in New Jersey.
Funeral services were held for 23-year-old Mary Greff, who was found strangled in her bed in the Waldwick home she shared with her parents.
Greff's infant baby was found unharmed in a bassinet in the same room.
Police say Greff's ex- boyfriend, 22-year-old Mark Spatucci, broke into the home and killed her just feet away from the couple's 1-year-old son.
Spatucci has pleaded not guilty and is being held on $2 million bail.
Prosecutors said Greff and Spatucci began dating two years ago, that she gave birth in February and that the two had lived together for a short time before she split from him and moved in with her parents.
Spatucci had court-ordered custody visitation with the infant, but Greff had full custody.
new jersey news, new jersey, murder, new jersey news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos