New Jersey News
Murdered Waldwick mother laid to rest Wednesday
WALDWICK (WABC) -- Family and friends gathered Wednesday to bid a final farewell to a young mother who was murdered in New Jersey.
Funeral services were held for 23-year-old Mary Greff, who was found strangled in her bed in the Waldwick home she shared with her parents.
Greff's infant baby was found unharmed in a bassinet in the same room.
Police say Greff's ex- boyfriend, 22-year-old Mark Spatucci, broke into the home and killed her just feet away from the couple's 1-year-old son.
Spatucci has pleaded not guilty and is being held on $2 million bail.
Prosecutors said Greff and Spatucci began dating two years ago, that she gave birth in February and that the two had lived together for a short time before she split from him and moved in with her parents.
Spatucci had court-ordered custody visitation with the infant, but Greff had full custody.
new jersey news, new jersey, murder, new jersey news
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos