New Jersey News
Fire raging at abandoned building in Newark
NEWARK (WABC) -- Firefighters in Newark are battling a fierce fire at a three-story abandoned building.
The two-alarm fire is burning on all three floors, and has caused a partial collapse of the structure.
One firefighter has suffered minor injuries in the blaze.
The fire broke out at the Verona Avenue building around 4:45 p.m. Wednesday and quickly went to two alarms.
The building is near the intersection with Broadway.
Police have closed off the area around the fire on Broadway, between Mill and Irving Streets.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
new jersey news, new jersey, newark, fire, new jersey news
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- JFK baggage handlers charged with theft
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest 52 min ago
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Arrests in counterfeit health and beauty products case
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege 59 min ago
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Lonely Michigan boy gets GMA surprise party 54 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid...
52 min ago
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
59 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos