New Jersey News
Glen Rock schools on lockdown Tuesday as precaution
GLEN ROCK (WABC) -- According to Glen Rock Mayor John Van Keuren, all public and parochial schools in Glen Rock were on lockdown as a precaution.
Alexander Hamilton Elementary School in Glen Rock has checked out after a thorough search following a called in threat.
Students at Alexander Hamilton Elementary School were picked up early, while all other schools in the district were sheltering in place as a precaution with dismissal at normal time.
The school released a message saying,
"There has been an emergency at Hamilton Elementary school this afternoon and the building has been evacuated to Academy of Our Lady on Rodney Street. All children are safe. Hamilton parents are asked to pick up their children beginning at 2 p.m. from Academy of our Lady. The Hamilton After Care program is cancelled for today. All other schools in the district are sheltering in place as a precaution - dismissal will be at normal time."
new jersey news, new jersey, bergen county, glen rock, new jersey news
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 37 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery 53 min ago
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms 50 min ago
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus 28 min ago
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span 2 min ago
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital