New Jersey News
Glen Rock schools on lockdown Tuesday as precaution
GLEN ROCK (WABC) -- According to Glen Rock Mayor John Van Keuren, all public and parochial schools in Glen Rock were on lockdown as a precaution.
Alexander Hamilton Elementary School in Glen Rock has checked out after a thorough search following a called in threat.
Students at Alexander Hamilton Elementary School were picked up early, while all other schools in the district were sheltering in place as a precaution with dismissal at normal time.
The school released a message saying,
"There has been an emergency at Hamilton Elementary school this afternoon and the building has been evacuated to Academy of Our Lady on Rodney Street. All children are safe. Hamilton parents are asked to pick up their children beginning at 2 p.m. from Academy of our Lady. The Hamilton After Care program is cancelled for today. All other schools in the district are sheltering in place as a precaution - dismissal will be at normal time."
new jersey news, new jersey, bergen county, glen rock, new jersey news
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Much Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims 14 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub
- Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- Malaysia asks countries for radar data to help find jet 50 min ago
- Here and Now
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
6 min ago
- Malaysia asks countries for radar data to...
50 min ago