New Jersey News
Trucker accused of toll evasion at George Washington Bridge
FORT LEE, N.J. (WABC) -- For the second time in two weeks, Port Authority Police have arrested a tractor-trailer driver on charges of trying to evade tolls at the George Washington Bridge.
43-year old Yuriy Ganzman of Avon, Conn. was charged with trying to pass through a toll with an improper plate that had been reported missing by another company.
He was pulled over around 4: 15 p.m. Friday after police noticed his truck allegedly did not have a proper emissions sticker and had a trailer plate improperly displayed.
Officers found the truck, registered to Ganzman Trucking of Farmington, Conn., was displaying an improper license plate on the front.
An investigation showed that the trailer plate displayed had been reported lost or stolen in August by the true owner, a New Jersey company.
Police say the truck's actual license plate was found inside the vehicle, thus avoiding the toll and that Ganzman made statements indicating he knew the plate was not his.
Officials believe the plate being displayed had been removed from its trailer by the New Jersey company during Superstorm Sandy.
Ganzman faces charges including toll theft and possession of lost property.
Police arrested a 46-year-old Florida man last Sunday at the bridge toll lanes for lacking a front license plate and having a back plate that was bent to allegedly avoid detection.
new jersey news, new jersey, george washington bridge, tolls, new jersey news
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 4 dead, 280 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site 27 min ago
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at...
27 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos