New Jersey News
Woman shot in attempted carjacking near Kean University
UNION (WABC) -- Police in New Jersey are trying to solve a shooting and possible carjacking attempt near one of the state's largest universities.
The incident happened Sunday night behind Kean University's main campus in Union Township.
The suspect left a huge hole in the driver's side window after firing a bullet into the car.
The victim is a 27-year-old woman who lives near the school.
She is recovering from a gunshot wound to the arm.
Police Director Daniel Zieser says the woman was taken to a hospital where she was treated for non-life threatening injuries. He says she told police she was shot during an attempted carjacking and that after running away she called a campus police officer for help.
Kean University says the woman is not a student at the school. Her name was not immediately available.
new jersey news, new jersey, union, shooting, new jersey news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 35 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K 28 min ago
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run 3 min ago
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
35 min ago