New Jersey News
West Long Branch man accused of slashing father with sword
WEST LONG BRANCH, N.J. (WABC) -- Aggravated assault charges have been filed against a central New Jersey man who allegedly slashed his father with a sword during a domestic dispute.
West Long Branch police tell the Asbury Park Press that the slashing occurred around 3 a.m. Saturday, as 22-year-old Carlos Garcia and his 51-year-old father argued in their home.
Authorities would not say what the pair were arguing about or if anyone else was in the home at the time.
The father was taken to a hospital for treatment, but further details on his condition were not disclosed.
It was not known if Garcia has retained a lawyer. A telephone number for him could not be located Sunday,
new jersey news, new jersey, monmouth county, assault, new jersey news
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park