New Jersey News
West Long Branch man accused of slashing father with sword
WEST LONG BRANCH, N.J. (WABC) -- Aggravated assault charges have been filed against a central New Jersey man who allegedly slashed his father with a sword during a domestic dispute.
West Long Branch police tell the Asbury Park Press that the slashing occurred around 3 a.m. Saturday, as 22-year-old Carlos Garcia and his 51-year-old father argued in their home.
Authorities would not say what the pair were arguing about or if anyone else was in the home at the time.
The father was taken to a hospital for treatment, but further details on his condition were not disclosed.
It was not known if Garcia has retained a lawyer. A telephone number for him could not be located Sunday,
new jersey news, new jersey, monmouth county, assault, new jersey news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97