New Jersey News
Suspect arrested in Elizabeth rooming house stabbing
ELIZABETH, N.J. (WABC) -- Police have arrested a suspect following the stabbings of two men, one fatally, at a rooming house in Elizabeth, New Jersey.
34-year old Alexander Kerton was arrested Monday night while walking in the city's downtown area. Police say he had a knife in his possession, but was arrested without incident.
Kerton is charged with stabbing a fellow resident of the rooming house numerous times last Friday. The 52-year old male victim is in guarded condition at University Hospital in Newark.
Another rooming house resident, 67-year old John Forte, was found stabbed to death in the same Morris Avenue building last week.
Kerton has not been charged in that murder. He is being held on $50,000 bail.
new jersey news, new jersey, elizabeth, stabbing, new jersey news
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 10 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos