New Jersey News
George Washington Bridge crash kills 1, causes major traffic delays
FORT LEE, N.J. (WABC) -- One driver was killed in a two vehicle crash at the inbound George Washington Bridge, causing delays for the morning commute.
Investigators say a man driving a white construction van rear ended a tractor trailer just before 6:15 a.m. Monday on I-95 near the Fletcher Avenue overpass in Fort Lee.
The driver of the van was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the tractor trailer was not hurt.
Two inbound Interstate 95 express lanes were closed for the investigation, which lasted through the morning commute.
More than one hour delays were reported well into the morning as Port Authority Police worked to clear the scene.
new jersey news, new jersey, accident, fort lee, george washington bridge, new jersey news
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn 37 min ago
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some 26 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Guinness drops sponsorship of St. Patrick's Parade 54 min ago
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mahopac HS basketball coach resigns after racism allegations
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA tournament
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
26 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos