New Jersey News
George Washington Bridge crash kills 1, causes major traffic delays
FORT LEE, N.J. (WABC) -- One driver was killed in a two vehicle crash at the inbound George Washington Bridge, causing delays for the morning commute.
Investigators say a man driving a white construction van rear ended a tractor trailer just before 6:15 a.m. Monday on I-95 near the Fletcher Avenue overpass in Fort Lee.
The driver of the van was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the tractor trailer was not hurt.
Two inbound Interstate 95 express lanes were closed for the investigation, which lasted through the morning commute.
More than one hour delays were reported well into the morning as Port Authority Police worked to clear the scene.
new jersey news, new jersey, accident, fort lee, george washington bridge, new jersey news
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody 38 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Animal activists protest outside Liam Neeson's home
- Another delayed GM recall detailed by new documents
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines