New Jersey News
Bayonne Bridge to close for construction
BAYONNE, N.J. -- If you're heading from New Jersey to Staten Island early next week, don't plan on taking the Bayonne Bridge during the late-night and early-morning hours.
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey will close the bridge between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m. on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday as part of the $1.3 billion raising of the roadway.
Traffic will be diverted to the Goethals Bridge.
Also on Monday, the JFK Boulevard northbound on-ramp and southbound off-ramp in Bayonne will be closed for the duration of the project.
The bridge-raising project will raise the 82-year-old bridge's roadway by 64 feet in order to accommodate larger cargo ships anticipated to begin using the expanded Panama Canal by the end of 2015.
new jersey news, new jersey, bayonne, new jersey news
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 50 min ago
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos